Comcast Cisco DVR problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-14-2010, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is anybody using Comcast with new Cisco DVR? I am seeing picture loss after approximately 8 min, then msg saying not to use HDMI connection. Did not have this problem with SA non DVR box, nor have I seen it on SA DVR boxes in maybe 30 - 40 homes of other fiends and neighbors.

Details -

A neighbor had recently upgraded his cable box from HD (Non-DVR) to HD (with DVR). He is on Comcast in Houston area. TV- Sony KDL50-XBR2 LCD, AVR - Denon 4306CI, Comcast DVR - Cisco RNG200. Everything works for 6-8 minutes, then picture drops out - sound through receiver OK. If I power DVR on and off, no change. Switch inputs or go to Standby on Denon, then back on and back to Cable input - no change. If I switch input on TV to Ant, then back to HDMI - I get a message on the TV from the Cisco DVR indicating that the TV is not HDCP compliant, and a picture of the DVR back panel stating that should not use HDMI, use component instead.

We can then pwr everything off and it will work for another 8 min. Is the Sony XBR-2 really not HDCP compliant?

John Dixon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-17-2010, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I haven't had anything as severe as picture loss but here in CT I had the comcast update take place yesterday and now I'm unable to get Dolby.

Comcast=Garbage
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page