Comcast, DCX3400, and Vizio VA26L HDTV10T - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-11-2010, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We recently got Comcast internet here, and since I have a HDTV I decided to get an HDDVR box to complement my TV. So far, it has worked pretty crappily.

If I turn on the TV and cable box, the cable box freezes, the TV says "No Signal!" and moves across the screen, and the box is unresponsive to the remote control. I tried the DCH3416 or whatever it's number is and it did the same thing. In fact, I got the DCX3400 today as a replacement. It seems to want to do the same thing its predecessor did.

I made sure the cables were all connected correctly, I tried changing the order of when I turned the TV on in relation to the cable box, and nothing works. If I have the TV on, and then I unplug and plug in the cable box, it works, but takes a while to refresh the guide and to give me access to OnDemand.

I am connecting the TV to my box using HDMI cable. I have tried different cables and different HDMI ports on my TV. The box flashes "DVI" or "dui" or something which I'm assuming is some message they're trying to tell me. Obviously I don't have any idea what it means.

What should I do? I want to be able to turn on my cable box and my tv and have the cable box do what it is designed to do. I am thinking about using component cables, but I hear they can't get up to the same quality that HDMI can support. I didn't have any of these issues when I first just plugged the cable tv cable into the box and then another cable like it going from the box to TV.

Thanks for all of your help!
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page