Home security system advice Mac OS X - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-23-2011, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm not sure if this is the best place to seek buying advice on purchasing a home security system, but here goes... If I should post this elsewhere, please advise. I want a PVR home security system with both indoor and outdoor wireless cameras that allow me to use both my laptop with Mac OS X and my iphone to see the cameras on the internet. I also want IR night vision cameras and email motion-detector notifications. There is plenty of advice on the internet about such systems, but I want to hear from someone who personally successfully uses Mac OS X.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-17-2011, 12:53 AM

Home security is the major concern for the people worldwide as there has been a steep rise in the criminal activities happening globally. So, it is always advised to opt for good home security systems with technological advancements to suit the needs of an individual.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-17-2011, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by billingw View Post

I'm not sure if this is the best place to seek buying advice on purchasing a home security system, but here goes... If I should post this elsewhere, please advise. I want a PVR home security system with both indoor and outdoor wireless cameras that allow me to use both my laptop with Mac OS X and my iphone to see the cameras on the internet. I also want IR night vision cameras and email motion-detector notifications. There is plenty of advice on the internet about such systems, but I want to hear from someone who personally successfully uses Mac OS X.

Forget the MAC.

If you want to protect your family and possessions you need to have something like this installed. You can do it yourself or pay someone to drop cable.

http://sylvaniastore.lorextechnology...t.aspx?id=2182

I have 8 cameras in and around my home and it was worth every penny. I can monitor my home 24/7 via the internet.

I have installed several of these systems for clients and all are safe and sound. Bad guys hate cameras!
post #4 of 5 Old 06-23-2011, 02:09 PM

Hello,
I agree that home security systems are easy to monitor from anywhere outside the home, via Internet on your computer or phone apps. Plus they offer you advanced mobile and web features at more affordable prices than ever before.

You can do things like check on your kids, be alerted of a flood in the basement, as well as protection from burglars and vandalism.

Good luck in your search!

Martha Adams signing off.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-28-2011, 12:24 PM

Oh, and I found a company that has some great features for you.

Why not compare this one to the Lorex one above: home security systems It is so easy to use and you can monitor or adjust energy consumption via the Internet or your phone app.

Martha Adams signing off.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page