Magnavox 515 running on a DSL digital gateway - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-20-2011, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This may be hard to follow but I will try. I have a Motorola DSL Digital gateway that I get my cable from. It sends programs to 3 channels on a tv, 3, 7 and 10. It has a remote for each channel that then changes the channel you are watching. For example, you tune the tv in the living room to channel 3. Then you take the Gateway remote for channel 3 and change to the channel from the cable that you want to watch. It shows up on your tv as long as the tuner on the tv is tuned to channel 3. Same for 7 or 10. Tune the tv to 7 or 10, take the remote for that channel and tune to the DSL channel you want to see on the tv tuned to 7 or 10. Okay, my question. With a TIVO you can only record from the gateway channel 3. You cannot record 7 or 10. With my VCR I can tell it to record 7 or 10 and then just tune the program I want to that channel and I can record it. I want to get a Magnavox 515. When I tune the Magnavox 515 to recieve channels will it only tell me I have 3, 7 and 10 or will it just take channel 3 and tell me all the channels I have on the gateway? Boy I sure hope someone out there knows what I am trying to say here!!!!!!
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page