neuros osd, zaggbox, hauppouge pvr questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-01-2012, 04:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
yes i just recently got tired of the spindles of dvds in my living room and fighting my way to find the right one so i started looking in to digital archiving and the neuros osd came up i used it for a few years and then i started looking into hd recording i origanlly wanted to get the osd 2 then i found the zaggbox and have been waiting for it to come out (apparently there was a litigation issue) so its not going to happen any time soon so i got the hauppauge hd pvr and just started using it i dont know alot about computers but i can learn as long as it doesnt reqiure a degree! i love the way linux mce works, with media and home automation that would be my ultimate goal but im starting with media i have a few questions is there anything like the zaggbox available now, that is an all in one system? also i spent a lot of time on my exsisting standard def movie colection (1500 2 hr movies 3 tb) with my osd. i would like to play them also without redoing them but i cant get media player to see them on my (nas) buffalo storage then i could play them through my xbox 360 or with my kindle fire.kindle sees the movies with the app i have but wont play them they are stored as mp4 sorry i know this is all over the place but ive looked every where on the web for answers when i start using the hd pvr to record i would like to be able to see my old movies and new ones in the same place or watch them as long as i have an internet conection why doesnt media center see them