Motorolla/Reciever Video Troubles - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-07-2012, 02:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Done a quick search and have seen a couple people ask, but haven't seen anyone offering a solution other than to go straight to the TV/display device with the video connections.

The problem at hand comes from pairing an AV receiver with a Motorola cable box. The box switches between 420/720/1080 etc when changing between standard def and high def channels or when toggling power to the box. My TV for example, would display a NO SIGNAL screen for a few seconds when switching between standard def and high def. While not a major problem, it's certainly annoying.

The solution is to manually configure the box to only output at 1080 all times. This is accomplished by following the instructions listed on page 11(#'s on the bottom of the page) of the following manual:
MANUAL HERE

Basically you want to power off your Motorola cable box and press the menu button within a couple seconds of powering off. Note that you must use the buttons on the front of the cable box. Then use your remote to set the Ypbpr OUTPUT to 1080I and 4:3 OVERRIDE to OFF.This works for my Motorola DCH6416 connected to my ONKYO TX-NR609 and Samsung 720 plasma.

Note that this is the only combination of receivers, cable box's, and TV's that I have tried this on and that I will not be held responsible for any damage caused to your equipment or mental health if you attempt anything I have suggested. In the event you do happen to jack it up, the manual shows to reset cable box settings. Hope this is helpful to someone here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well I thought all was well until I powered everything on this morning. It appears as if it lost my settings overnight and it's back to switching as usual.. I haven't given up hope yet, but if I do I will just delete this thread.