DCT3416 - Trapped shows - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-01-2012, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have, obviously, a Motorola DCT3416 and had subscribed to the local Cable TV provider, Shaw in this case.

When we switched to Telus (Phone company) TV the shows we have on the DCT3416 cannot be played. I had thought I just needed to hook the PVR to a TV to watch the shows I had recorded... not possible I have learned. Is there some way to get the 24 shows from the HDD of the DCT3416 onto... well, anything that I could use to watch them?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 08:06 PM

Liked: 32
You could try unhooking the coax and leaving the box unplugged for 24 to 48 hours, then plug back in, but leave the coax unhooked to see if you can watch them. If you can't after that, then that means that Telus has locked the box with a copyright key.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I will try leaving it plugged in for a time, but not on the Telus net. I know it will work if plugged into a Shaw "network". I think it might have been locked by not receiving a signal from Shaw. You are suggestinig it might be Telus that is blocking it... had not though of that.

It has most recently been in a Shaw house so I will plug it straight to a TV OFF the Telus net.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:32 PM

Liked: 32
No, I am suggesting that due to you recorded them on Shaw, and now on Telus, the box is not able to sync the key that Shaw used when you recorded those programs, so thus they are locked and not able to be watched while on the competitor's catv network.

Only way to get around, is to unplug and unhook from coax, let the box sit for over 24 hours so that when you plug it back in but not hooked to coax, you can watch the recordings, or just plug back into the Shaw system if you are still paying them, watch the programs, then clear and hook the box back up to Telus.