Will the Avermedia Game Capture work with this setup? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2012, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hope this is in the right place and hope I can get some advice!

Basically I'm looking to record Xbox 360 gameplay in a decent quality to upload to youtube. I have a pretty awkward setup though.

Currently I play my Xbox 360 through a HDMI cable connected to a computer monitor. NOT a TV. And I use a laptop, albeit a pretty high spec 'gaming' laptop.

I've asked and looked around and came across numerous problems. I can't open up my laptop like I could a desktop so I can't use those internal capture cards I've seen. And since I don't have a TV I can't use the composite red/white/yellow cable from my Xbox to my TV.

I have been told that I may be able to use the Avermedia Game Capture HD, but I would need a powered splitter to transfer composite to VGA, so I could then put the VGA cable into my monitor.

It's all pretty complicated. Basically it would go something like...

Xbox --> Avermedia Game Capture using attached composite lead --> splitter using composite lead --> VGA cable from splitter into monitor.

Would this work? If not, why not? Any alternatives? Thanks a bunch for any responses and advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 03:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggsidan View Post

Hope this is in the right place and hope I can get some advice!

Basically I'm looking to record Xbox 360 gameplay in a decent quality to upload to youtube. I have a pretty awkward setup though.

Currently I play my Xbox 360 through a HDMI cable connected to a computer monitor. NOT a TV. And I use a laptop, albeit a pretty high spec 'gaming' laptop.

I've asked and looked around and came across numerous problems. I can't open up my laptop like I could a desktop so I can't use those internal capture cards I've seen. And since I don't have a TV I can't use the composite red/white/yellow cable from my Xbox to my TV.

I have been told that I may be able to use the Avermedia Game Capture HD, but I would need a powered splitter to transfer composite to VGA, so I could then put the VGA cable into my monitor.

It's all pretty complicated. Basically it would go something like...

Xbox --> Avermedia Game Capture using attached composite lead --> splitter using composite lead --> VGA cable from splitter into monitor.

Would this work? If not, why not? Any alternatives? Thanks a bunch for any responses and advice!

It sees to me you just need a component cable for the Xbox and a component to HDMI converter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/component-RG...item3f1660448e

XBox -> component -> Game cap box -> component to HDMI -> Monitor .
I would use a component splitter and a second component to HDMI too as the AVerMedia box does have bit of input lag.