Just bought Moxi MR-1500T3. Am I a fool? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-07-2012, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I suppose I should have asked before jumpin in with both feet, But what's done is done.

So, My 3rd Moxi 9012 which happens to be 3 years old (!!!!) is finally sh*tting the bed. It is doing the same thing that the previous 9012's have done after time (freezing, pixelating, not responding, etc) and I am pretty sure it is due to poor circulation. Even though it is not in a cabinet and does not have anything near it, it is just piss poor design. I have tried blowing it out with compressed air, but since I can't remove the funky screws I am giving up on it.

But I love the MOXI UI, and since Charter only offers Motorola and Scientific Atlanta in my area, I am stuck buying an obsolete device.

So, what I bought was a 2 tuner MR-1500T3 that has been upgraded with a 1.5Tb hard disc.The seller claims everything works perfectly and they have never had a problem with freezing, pixelating, or overheating with it. I figure for $400 I would take a chance. If it doesn't work out, I will file a claim with paypal and my credit card company.

Anyone have any experience with these MOXI boxes?

Thanks.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page