Video Capture Card For Screenshots? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-11-2013, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have a video processor device that hooks into the hdmi chain right before the display, and i'd like to get comparison screenshots of the the video being sent to my display when the device is "On" vs "Off". The device i'm referring to is the Darbee Darblet. I want to take 1080p PNG screenshots that are a 100% accurate representation of what i'm seeing on my display, so i guess that would mean they need to be uncompressed. Can this be accomplished with some kind of capture card, and what would be the least expensive way of doing it... or, what's the least expensive capture card that could do it?

If there's an entirely better (cheaper) way of taking bit for bit screenshots of the Darbee Darblet in action, then please let me know what it is and/or how to do it. I just can't think of any other way other than pointing a camera at the screen and taking a picture of the image being displayed on it, but this won't give you a 100% accurate representation of what you're seeing on your display. But who knows, maybe some of you guys who have much more A/V expertise than i do know of more ways to accomplish what i want to do.

EDIT:
Basically i just want to know which capture cards can take still image captures (screenshots) from a 1080p video source, with the same quality as the usual software (ffdshow + avsp) derived PNG screenshots you can take of a video. Since taking screenshots is all i'll be using it for, i don't want to overpay for something much more robust than i need for the job. Any help, links to where i could get more help, or just a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page