TiVo Premiere not recording new shows - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I just discovered that my TiVo has not recorded any new shows this past week.

The weird thing is, I'd swear that I saw it was recording Justified last Tuesday, but it wasn't in my playlist (or deleted shows).

I thought there were no new shows for any of my season passes this week since none showed up in my playlist, but today I realized there was a whole bunch of new stuff that the TiVo didn't record this week for some reason.

Actually, it seems like it did record just one show out of about 7 that should have been recorded. And tonight when I got home it was on The Walking Dead (and recording like it should), and I'd swear it was also recording Family Guy. But after I watched Dead I saw that Family Guy (and American Dad) weren't in my playlist.

I looked in the recording history, and all of the the shows that weren't recorded are in the history list with "not recorded" as the status.

Any ideas of what the hell is going on?

And its not recording conflicts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-10-2013, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Just to add, the history showing that it was not recorded says it is because there was "no signal".

There doesn't seem to be any problem with my cable signal on either of the two tuners. There are a bunch of programs set to record tomorrow night. Guess I'll just have to see what happens.

One thing of note. Sometime last week there was some sort of firmware update on my cable card. I had to restart the TiVo to get the cable card update to download and install. Once it did everything seemed fine, and I've had no problems watching anything all week. It's just that now I'm discovering that stuff isn't recording because it says there was "no signal" so I'm a little suspicious about that.

Is there something I can check in the the cable card diagnostics to see if a setting got messed up?
post #3 of 4 Old 02-10-2013, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Could they have started using switched digital video where I''m going to need a tuning adaptor?

If they are using this now, should it cause problems all the time or just at certain times? I have no problem viewing anything live. But I'm usually watching live at off-peak hours. My recording during prime time, when I'm at work, are getting messed up though. Is that symptomatic of issues with needing a tuning adaptor?

I'm going to have to call Comcast, but I dread it because that's always a pain. So just looking for opinions on if this sounds like something else that might be a known bug or if I really need to talk to the jerk-asses at Comcast.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Cable company said they're not using SVD, so that's not it.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page