Looking for Directv HR44-700 replacement AC Adapter - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-20-2013, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is sort of off topic but I couldn't figure out which forum it fit best into.

I am looking for a replacement AC Adapter for a Directv HR44-700. I tried calling Directv and they were no help. DTV resellers Solidsignal and WeaKnees were not helpful either.

I am hoping I can find a generic replacement - but so far haven't seen anything like this connector - hoping someone can identify it or find a replacement I can buy.

Finding a +12v 4A adapter is easy - but finding one with the right connector on it has proven difficult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-21-2013, 04:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQiCE View Post

This is sort of off topic but I couldn't figure out which forum it fit best into.

I am looking for a replacement AC Adapter for a Directv HR44-700. I tried calling Directv and they were no help. DTV resellers Solidsignal and WeaKnees were not helpful either.

I am hoping I can find a generic replacement - but so far haven't seen anything like this connector - hoping someone can identify it or find a replacement I can buy.

Finding a +12v 4A adapter is easy - but finding one with the right connector on it has proven difficult.

You are not on the right forum for DirecTV equipment, try http://www.dbstalk.com for help. How did you acquire this unit, it's the latest thing they have and in hi demand. DirecTV tuners are not owned but leased to the end user, after paying the lessing fee, and if you did not get it from them or one of there dealers you will never get them to authorize it for use, and I am guessing you did not.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-21-2013, 05:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQiCE View Post

I tried dbstalk.com - the mods asked me not to post it there because this receiver is one of the beta test units certain members get for free I think - I guess losing the power cord reflects poorly on their testers or something? I don't know.

The receiver is an owned receiver - I called DTV's Access card department to verify it is owned. However, I was told without the power cable I'd have difficulty activating the receiver and if I couldn't activate the receiver - then they wouldn't send a tech out to help me.

Seems weird that they don't sell a replacement - the H10's and C31's have replacements available ... one of the features of the HR44 is supposed to be that the power supply is external so it can be easily replaced (many of the HR2x series had issues with bad power supplies - and they're inside the box) ... Maybe it is just a matter of time.

Was hoping someone might be able to find me a generic replacement that had that particular type of connection - I can find a +12V 4A power brick easily - but not one with that connection on the back.

Dbstalk would not let you post there???? It was used by them? If you have a DirecTV account add the in home service warranty to it, that may be a workaround.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-21-2013, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was able to find a replacement on eBay - if you're ever looking for one search for P/N EPS44R0 or EPS44RO. The one I found on eBay didn't mention HR44 but mentioned the AC Adapter by part number (EPS44R0-15 but EPS44R0-16 is also compatible). Some people may swap the 0 for an O.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

That's cool. I have the 44 and one client that D gave me as in free because of the protection plan. I think its about 6 or 7 bucks per month and that makes things a lot easer with them. I still have an HR's 23 and 24 in the house with the whole home DVR. That 44 is the fastest one yet.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page