Recording PS3/4 games through the HDCP - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-20-2013, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all

I am working on my recording rig for my PS3 and 4, the issue is that I am looking to get the hull resolution range and picture quality, that means HDMI which with the PS4 I am locked into anyway.

With that all said, I had an idea on how to pull this all off and still keep the cable count down. my idea consists of this.

1. Connecting a HDMI 1.4/a/b/2.0 compatible Y-cable or Amplified 1.4/a/b/2.0 Splitter to the each of the consoles with Signal 1 going to the TV and Signal 2 going to the Recorder

2. A 2 in 1 out HDMI 1.4/a/b/2.0 Powered and amp Switch, which the second signal HDMI line plugs into

3. The Switch's output goes into a powered HDMI to DVI TOSLINK A/V signal splitter

4. The DVI and TOSLINK signals feed into a DVI TOSLINK to HDMI compiner.

5. The HDCP free HDMI Signal feeds into my recording rig.

This way I still get full picture quality when I am not recording with full Audio support, but when I am recording I also get the best Picture and audio while still being able to play the game on the TV with little to no latency with Video and Audio.

Here is my problem, the Hardware. Does any of you all know where I can find the hardware I am looking for, and that has the best A/V quality?
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page