Any way to archive programs recorded on a TIVO? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-09-2014, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I used a ReplayTV for many years until my eyes hurt from the poor resolution. I used DVArchive for storing some programs. I am now considering purchasing a TIVO for many reasons, except they are certainly not without their expense. Is there any program available similar to DVArchive that allows one to "off-load" recorded programs to my PC to effectively increase storage?

Thanks
Ken K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-10-2014, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdkrone View Post

I used a ReplayTV for many years until my eyes hurt from the poor resolution. I used DVArchive for storing some programs. I am now considering purchasing a TIVO for many reasons, except they are certainly not without their expense. Is there any program available similar to DVArchive that allows one to "off-load" recorded programs to my PC to effectively increase storage?

Thanks
Ken K

Tivo Desktop, $15: https://www.tivo.com/shop/detail/desktop-plus

kmttg, Free: http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmttg/

Use kmttg, it does everything tivo desktop does and more like stripping out the tivo wrapper, cutting out commercials and encoding to different profiles. Keep in mind that none of these will work if your cable provider sets copy flags on channels. Also, if you search, you can probably find the free Tivo desktop version that Tivo discontinued.

To push shows and other files back to the Tivo from the computer, use pyTivo: https://github.com/wmcbrine/pytivo

kmttg and pytivo work and integrate well with each other.

OTA | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | MLB.tv & MLS Live with No Blackouts!
post #3 of 3 Old 02-11-2014, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks so much for the info. From reading I have done since your post, I would probably not have any problem with programs on the major channels (CBS, NBC, ABS, public television) but may run into problems with channels like HBO, Showtime, etc. (I have Charter service). That would actually work for me. Now the question is about popping for the TIVO and service...

Ken K
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page