Onkyo TX-NR818 & Dish Network 722k issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-06-2014, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Haven't been able to find any info, so thought I'd post my ? here, I bought a nib 818 early Feb, all went well etc then 5 days into ownership, noticed a pronounced thump from the sub while watching tv & the listening mode changed from programming to commercial etc. Played with all the audio settings on the 818 to no avail, then turned sub off & put the Polk A7s on Full Band & even then, still a thump from the 7s subs! Thought this must be a defective unit since I didn't have this issue with the avr the 818 replaced (Onkyo HT-RC180) so sent it back for a replacement. Got the new unit Tues, set it up, & I'll be danged if the thump is still there! eek.gif So thought it must be the old hdmi cables I'm using, bought them 5 or 6 years ago, so got new ferrite core cables & that did improve pq & channel switching a lot. With the old cables there had been some delay for channels to switch but never put much thought into it until I started having thump issues. So it finally dawned on me to look into the 722k's audio setup & tried turning off Dolby Digital & just use PCM, RF & tried Line only & still a thump. Turned volume levelling off & no thump! Only downside to that is now SD channels are much louder than HD but that's what the volume button is for I guess. Just curious though if the Dish processes volume levelling could really affect the 818 in such a way? Thx!

"To the journey..
Sony KDL60W630b; Onkyo TX-NR818
Polk RTi A7 Mains; Polk RTi CSi A6 Center; Polk RTi A5 Wides & Surrounds
HSU VTF2-Mk4
Teac PD-H600; Marantz BD7004; Dual 1218
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr818 , Onkyo Ht Rc180 7 2 Channel A V Surround Home Network Receiver Black , Polk Audio Rti A7 Floorstanding Speaker
Gear in this thread - Rc180 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page