Lost my ability to record to my hard drive - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-27-2017, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Lost my ability to record to my hard drive

I have a Magnavox MDR557H-F7 which I love. I have been recording movies from video on demand to my hard drive with no problem for the last year. I was using the Motorola RNG150N cable box and going S- video out from the RNG150N to the S-video in on my Magnavox recorder which was working great! I recently got a new Xfinity X1 cable box and there is no S-Video on it, just composite analog red white & yellow. So I connected the composite from the Xfinity X1 cable box to the input on my Magnavox.

I should of never switched boxes because now my Magnavox recorder will not accept the signal from the Xfinity X1. There is no other way to get the signal into my Magnavox. I'm guessing it's because of that HDCP messing with my Magnavox. Is there any way I can get around this? You might ask why not just put the movies on the Xfinity X1 hard drive, and the reason is if you ever return the box you lose all your movies that you paid for. Would a splitter work? or something I could purchase from amazon. Please any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page