Help me build time shift replay system for sports! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-02-2017, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help me build time shift replay system for sports!

Hi All,
I am a gymnastics coach at the University of Oklahoma and I am currently looking to upgrade/replace our current video recording/playback system. Currently we are using a Panasonic DMR-EH59 DVD recorder to record live footage from a camcorder and playback onto a television on short delay (approx 30 sec to 1 min) We have been having some issues with the system after many years of use and are looking to upgrade all of our components. It appears there are many video capture devices, however my biggest concern is whether or not I can be recording while simultaneously viewing the recording, but with a small delay. So, my questions are as follows, and I would appreciate it a ton if you all could help me in the correct direction.

Camcorder - We will be upgrading our current non-HD cameras, so I am thinking almost anything will be an upgrade. Looking to have the camera priced below 300 dollars if possible. Needs to have good, clear video in fast motion sport (gymnastics), preferably an HDMI output, and good longevity. Not super concerned with battery, storage, etc because it will always be on power supply and using the recording device for storage. Looking heavily at either the Canon Vixia HF R800 or the Sony CX405. Any thoughts?

Recording/Playback Device - As mentioned above, we are currently using a DVD/DVR style setup that I would imagine is fairly outdated given how old the setup is. What is the most current best option, for a reasonable price? I have see "game capture" products or something like the AVerMedia EZRecorder.
Security System setup - Is this an option? I am not sure how well a good quality security system setup would work as far as video quality and playback ability, but I thought maybe this could be possible?

I appreciate all of your help in advanced. I am clearly very inexperienced with this and would like all of your expert opinions to get a great system setup quickly. Over the past 20 years we have trained multiple World and Olympic medalists using a video recording system as a very important tool, so I'd love to be able to continue using that but in an even greater capacity!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page