post #1 of 1 Old 10-07-2003, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi all,

I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me:

I currently have DirecTV, using a Sony HD100 receiver. I am running the component output to a 50" plasma for the best picture.

I noticed the 810H does NOT have a component input, only a component output.

1. Why don't tivo manufacturers, and in particular this 810H box, have a component input so all of us with HD DTV boxes can have the same input/output quality?

2. Does the 810H process the S-video or Composite signal in order for the component output to be a "true" component output? In essence, I don't want to degrade my DTV signal by having to run it into the 810H with an S-video (instead of a Component input).

***3. What is the output of the 810H Tivo system? 480i, 480P - what's the scan rate in mHz? It states the Component Output is progressive - is this true for outputting the DVD playback and viewing the Tivo Recorded material, or only for the DVD player portion of the unit???***

4. I have the HD package for DTV. Will the 810H be able to transmit the 1080i signals through it's processor and output signals.

5. Is the DCDi only utilized for DVD playback, or is it also utilized when the DTV receiver signal is routed through the 810H?

6. General comments from anyone with a HD DTV box and using this - picture quality differences, progressive output quality, etc.

Thx all!

Eric

We Make Home Theater A Reality
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page