SA 8000HD in VA? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-16-2004, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just received DVR from Comcast here in Richmond, VA and to my dismay I got the 8000 non-HD DVR. So now, I have two cable boxes. The technician had to split the cable signal - one to the DVR and one to the 3100HD receiver.

I saw on SA's website that they have a "all-in-one" unit, the 8000HD, and I called Comcast back and they are clueless as to this unit.

Does anyone in Richmond, VA with Comcast service have this 8000HD unit? It sure would be nice to be able to record HD and have one box to hook up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-19-2004, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
If your cable company was clueless then obviously they aren't releasing them yet. The technology is definitely available as well as the hardware.
But like all good things, we just have to wait for a big user demand in order for the cable companies to justify the added expense of buying the equipment.
Eventually they will come, I've heard by the spring 2004 in most areas.
Just write them a letter asking for it, an hope others do the same.

The good thing is when they do get them, you can just trade in your 2 existing boxes and have the latest technology and have no out of pocket expense! Since you are renting, they incur all the loss of having to upgrade your hardware, not you!

:)

Probably why they need to wait to justify the expense they already incurred on the current equipment. :)

Anthony
post #3 of 3 Old 02-11-2004, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would say its a safe bet that your cable co does not CURRENTLY have/offer the 8000HD.

I had "insider info" of sorts, and called up my cable co the day before they were going to release the 8000HD, and they had no idea what I was talking about.

I called up the next day, and they finally DID know about it. I guess a memo got sent out.

The money pit:
$3800 spent sofar :p
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page