RCA Support?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-15-2004, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I thought some people here might be interested in this. I went to the RCA web site (www.rca.com) and asked a question in their Customer Support area about how I could ask a question about the DRC7005N, since there didn't seem to be any place where this product was covered. I received an email the following day, with the following statement:

Currently our system is not equipped to handle your request by email. So we may better assist you, please call 1-580-634-0340 regarding your question on your DVD. We appreciate your interest and want to provide you with the best possible answer to your question.

So the bottom line is that support is available, if you want to pay for it (LD charges).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-18-2004, 03:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Of course we all want unlimited toll-free telephone support and someone available online to answer questions 24 hours a day with the products we buy. RCA probably makes about $15 profit on that box after the costs to provide the customer service that exists. You could buy a full service TiVo, pay $12.95/month or $300 and get better support.

Try asking your questions here and if you still need help, then write or call RCA on your nickel. At least that is the way I look at customer support for these low price consumer electronics. The low prices are great but we should expect limited customer support as a result.

Chris
post #3 of 3 Old 03-18-2004, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Gerhard
Of course we all want unlimited toll-free telephone support and someone available online to answer questions 24 hours a day with the products we buy. RCA probably makes about $15 profit on that box after the costs to provide the customer service that exists. You could buy a full service TiVo, pay $12.95/month or $300 and get better support.

Try asking your questions here and if you still need help, then write or call RCA on your nickel. At least that is the way I look at customer support for these low price consumer electronics. The low prices are great but we should expect limited customer support as a result.

Chris
I think you misunderstood my intent. I've been having some trouble with the Guide+ system, but my concern wasn't with this problem itself, since I didn't buy this unit for the Guide. I just thought their reply was amusing, and considering that email support would be easier and cheaper for them, I was curious that it didn't exist.
BTW, I have mentioned this problem a few times here, without much help. And buying Tivo is not an option - the "free" Guide was what attracted me to this unit, because I couldn't see spending $13 / month for someone else to look at TV Guide for me.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page