Adelphia DVR vs DirecTivo - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-06-2004, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have Adelphia coming out on Thursday morning to install 2 DVR's and a HDTV box. Right now I have DirecTV with 2 DirecTivos. DirecTV said they will give me an HDTV receiver for $99. I'm torn about which way to go. Does the Adelphia DVR have season passes and other good features like the Tivo does? Can anyone help me out in making a decision?

Thanks,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-17-2004, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Nobody has responded but if you could provide the model number of the DVRs to be provided by your cable company, we could likely provide some comparison. The simple answer is the Adelphia DVR will not be anywhere near your DirecTV DVR with TiVo in terms of functions and reliable recording of programming.

Chris
post #3 of 3 Old 04-21-2004, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I too am anxiously/cautiously awaiting to hear what PVR Adelphia is going to supply. Where I live every time I call to find information they only say, "call back next month, we should have something then" I have heard through a newsgroup that some cities are getting the SA 8000 box. There is also a link on the gearbits website that has a LOOONG list of all the problems with this box and even, they mention, a yahoo group dedicated to waving flags about these same problems.

I have also read on the Digeo website that Adelphia has a contract to put out 25,000 Moxi-powered Motorola BMC 9000 Series media centers during 2004. That's not a lot of units and since it is so new we can only guess at the amount of issues it will have. None the less, the description of this box looks like it would be fun to be a guinea pig for them if the price was right. Would love to hear from anyone that actually has used this box. ARE ANY OF YOU OUT THERE?
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page