DVR40 stuck in dealer demo - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-05-2004, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased a DVR40 from a dealer that was using it as a demo. He had a dealer demo card (which he kept, of course) and DTV apparantly forced a download of a special demo version software when he activated it.

Everything works as expected, but the demo nag will popup if you watch one channel for about 15 minutes. It doesn't do it during playback of recorded shows. This is highly annoying. You have to quickly grab the remote and click on continue a couple of times to get rid of it.

I suspect I need to get a hold of a "normal user" software version and use WinHEX to load it.

Any thoughts or ideas on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-05-2004, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi Zorlac, try going to DirecTV Central->Messages & Set Up->Phone & Recorder Set Up->Phone Connection->Make Daily Call Now. This will force the TiVo to dial out and look for updates or changes and see if the receiver will download a different s/w version. If that doesn't solve the problem, please go to AVS' sister site, the TiVo Community Forums and post your question there. Since AVS and TiVo Forums are on two different servers, I can't move your post so I will close it.

Time Warner Cable – Signature Home Premium View w/Epix, Sports Pass, HD Pass, Spanish Tier, Cisco Explorer 8642HDC, Cisco Explorer 8742HDC Both Running ODN 7.2.0_11
DirecTV – Premier, HD Extra Pack, NFL ST Max, NHL CI, MLB EI, Whole House DVR, HR34-700 Running 0807, HR24-200 Running 0802

Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page