SA 8000HD 1080i to 480i using remote? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-10-2004, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there a way to switch the TW SA 8000HD box from 1080i to 480i using the remote (i.e. without having to hit buttons on the converter box itself)?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2004, 05:44 PM

hit the "settings" button, scroll down a few options. I'm at work at the moment, so I can't go look what the option is called, but it's in there.

You have set up the resolutions you want to choose from first, though. The instructions for that are in the manual.

I switch back and forth from 1080i and 480p all the time. I also set up 480i. On my TV (Panasonic 37" EDTV plasma) 480p looks WAY better than 480i.

Sorry I can't be more help. If I was at home I could go do it and give you a real step by step, but right now I'm just working from memory (and my memory sucks :D )

-geekd
Old 05-11-2004, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry, I wasn't detailed enough.

I have my HD projector connected to the component out, and my SD TV connected to the coax (RF) out. When I watch HD, I need to set the box to output 1080i over component, and when I watch TV it needs to output 480i from the coax. Note that they are NOT both active at the same time, so I have to switch depending on what I am watching.

The only way I have been able to do this is by hitting INFO and GUIDE on the box, then setting the box to 1080i (which uses the component out) or 480i (which uses the coax RF out). The 1080i (HD) setting disables the coax RF out (even if I select a lower resolution from the SETTINGS menu).

So really what I am asking is how to selectively enable the component output or the coax RF output (since they are not both on at the same time) using the remote control. So far I have not found a way, since the box must be off when the INFO and GUIDE buttons are simultaneously pushed.

Also, anyone aware of a future firmware release that might allow this, or enable coax RF out even when component out is active?