DCT 6208 DVR and HD channels - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-02-2004, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got the DCT 6208 from Comcast [Philadelphia area]for a couple of weeks, got it for the DVR feature. I do NOT have a HDD set yet, just a 32" SONY that does a good job of letter-boxing wide screen. When I tune to a HD channel, and hit replay, for example, that locks the box into recording that channel. I can't change channels, or stop the recording. Turning off the box doesn't help (it comes right back on the same channel and continues to record) Only if I unplug it for 30 minutes or so does that work. (My DCT 6208 firmware is 7.07). Comcast has changed out the box already, and still problem occurs (I have learned not to record or replay the HD channels, just watch them!). My question, even through I don't have an HDD set, should I be able to view the HDD channels or not? Should the 6208 be up to the 7.10 firmware? (I realize that only Comcast can push that)
Thanks. JohnF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2004, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

I guess the best solution to this problem is just to get a HDTV when the budget allows!. JohnF
Old 06-14-2004, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnFeld
I just got the DCT 6208 from Comcast [Philadelphia area]for a couple of weeks, got it for the DVR feature. I do NOT have a HDD set yet, just a 32" SONY that does a good job of letter-boxing wide screen. When I tune to a HD channel, and hit replay, for example, that locks the box into recording that channel. I can't change channels, or stop the recording. Turning off the box doesn't help (it comes right back on the same channel and continues to record) Only if I unplug it for 30 minutes or so does that work. (My DCT 6208 firmware is 7.07). Comcast has changed out the box already, and still problem occurs (I have learned not to record or replay the HD channels, just watch them!). My question, even through I don't have an HDD set, should I be able to view the HDD channels or not? Should the 6208 be up to the 7.10 firmware? (I realize that only Comcast can push that)
Thanks. JohnF
Unfortunatley John there is a menu that pops up to ask you if you want to cancel the recording, but the menus do not appear on HD channels when viewing then in Stardard Definition(analog)... so your screwed because you can't cancel the recording.... You have to wait until the recording ends. Yes you can view the HD channels, their just not in HD.

Vin

Vin
Old 06-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Vin is right. There is a popup window that says "You are rcording this channel. The action you have selected will cancel this recording do you want to continue this action? Yes or no." The default is NO. If you press the down arrow and hit select this should take care of your problem.

Brian
Old 06-29-2004, 07:16 AM

John,

I also have the 6208 and a non HDTV, but I'm able to see the menus on HD channels. Have you tried going into the HD setup screen (menu button w/power off) and tried different settings? How is the 6208 connected to the TV? I can look tonight and let you know what settings I'm using, since they seem to allow the onscreen menus.

HTH.