Help with comcast 6208 annoyance - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-29-2004, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I searched and couldn't find any posts related to this issue, sorry if it's been covered already.

I've had the 6208 for about a week, and I'm pretty happy with it despite it's shortcomings. On major annoyance however is this:
  • I have a repeating recording set for Mondays at 11 on one channel
  • I decide I'd like a one time recording one Monday at 11 on another channel
  • When I ask to record the new show, I get a dialog asking if I want to cancel the old recording
  • If I say yes, the new show records, but all my repeating recordings are removed, not just that one
Has anyone else run into this problem, and possibly found a solution, or am I doomed to wait for a software upgrade?

Thanks a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-30-2004, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally posted by moshua
Hi, I searched and couldn't find any posts related to this issue, sorry if it's been covered already.

I've had the 6208 for about a week, and I'm pretty happy with it despite it's shortcomings. On major annoyance however is this:
  • I have a repeating recording set for Mondays at 11 on one channel
  • I decide I'd like a one time recording one Monday at 11 on another channel
  • When I ask to record the new show, I get a dialog asking if I want to cancel the old recording
  • If I say yes, the new show records, but all my repeating recordings are removed, not just that one
Has anyone else run into this problem, and possibly found a solution, or am I doomed to wait for a software upgrade?

Thanks a lot.
Unfortunatly... that is the way the 6208 is with the TV Guide software. We can only hope that a new version of the TV Guide software corrects this or maybe the new Microsoft software will replace the TV Guide software.

I'm not holding my breath for any of this. Unless you buy a Tivo or ReplayTV we are all held hostage to the cable companies and whenever they decide to give us something better.

Is it me, or was that Cable law in 1996 suppose to allow us more freedoms with cable equipment. I'm still waiting, maybe by 2006?

Again, not holding my breath.

Mark
post #3 of 3 Old 07-01-2004, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the reply Mark. I kind of figured that was the case, but thought I would ask anyway. The tech who did my "install" said I could expect an upgrade to a 6412 in September, but who knows if that date will hold, and which software it will ship with. I sure hope it's the M$ software, it looks like a big improvement...
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page