SA 8000HD to Computer? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-10-2004, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have recorded show s for my 2 1/2 yesr old and now I want to burn them to DVD. Is there anyway to get video from the SA 8000HD to my computer? I have All-in-wonder card 9700 Pro from ATI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-11-2004, 08:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Gobber,

If you have the new SA8000HD software, you should have a "Save to VCR" option when you click on a recording in your list.

If you don't have the newer software with the "Save to VCR" option, try putting the recording in the PIP window (select play, then press swap to put in in a PIP window). On some older versions, the SA8000HD would output audio and video from the PIP window through the SD / composite outputs.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-14-2004, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks . I'm almost done transfering.
post #4 of 8 Old 08-06-2004, 05:01 PM

But do you know if there is a way to use the Firewire port to do that??? Composite is quite a crappy way out of the box... I'm having a hard time acceoting the fact that I have to go from a 720 lines digital source to a 320 lines analog one. Yurk!

I know there's been a major software update for the SA8000 (got it this week on mine), but I haven't heard of any progess about the Firewire issue...
post #5 of 8 Old 08-06-2004, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WoRkZ
But do you know if there is a way to use the Firewire port to do that???
No known 8000 has active Firewire yet ... yes, hopefully we'll see it as soon as possible.

Note ... the Firewire output will most likely be DTCP protected for most content ... so ... even when Firewire is activated you may not be able to get much content to your PC.

When Firewire is activated ... you should see a 'Firebus' entry on the 'Component Information' page in the service menu. Until then ... no Firewire.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-06-2004, 11:02 PM

Well... I've searched the web for 3 hours straight tonight. No hacks in sights for the SA8000... :confused:

Here I was thinking there had to be a way to output something somehow... but either nobody got it to work or it's just not possible (which I would doubt very much since this is just another PC based computer).

Anyway, I'll keep looking around... who knows. Maybe in a couple of months... ;)

I just can't accept the fact that I have all these shows saved in a digital format but I can't transfer them in another way than through analog conversion... that sucks big time!
post #7 of 8 Old 08-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

What about the boys at MSB doing a mode to get the firewire output from the MPEG 2 stream before it gets to there bios . There is a mod for HDTV SAT STB out there so how hard is it to apply it to this box god knows there is enough room in the box itself.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-12-2004, 08:18 PM

This is great! Who are these guys?!? Where can I find them?!?! If you have any info for me, please e-mail me!!! Thanks!
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page