SA3250HD Not Compatible with NAD T752 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-17-2004, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

Has anyone ever heard of these STB's not being compatible with a specific receiver? I ask this because that is exactly what I think is going on in my house.

I recently bought a new receiver -- NAD T752. I got it home and hooked it up to my 3250HD via digital coaxial cable...I got audio dropouts every 30 seconds or so accross all channels. I should mention that I never had an issue with my old receiver -- Marantz SR580 hooked up by way of digital as well.

I tried a different coaxial cable...same thing.

I tried different digital inputs on the receiver...same thing.

I tried my 8000 PVR via coaxial cable and it worked just fine...okay...it's gotta be my STB.

Took the STB back to my cable company and got a new one...same thing.

The new STB also had an optical output...tried that...same thing.

Had the cable company over to the house to test the signal strength...it's excellent...no problem there.

I called Scientific Atlanta...they say that they can't tell me if there has ever been an incompatability issue with the NAD receiver and the 3250HD but if there was they would have issued a software upgrade to repair it. I should call my cable company and make sure that I have the latest software available. I did...and yes I do.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I am to do next. My cable company has the SA8000HD that I can upgrade to for a few dollars more per month. I'm thinking I'll try that and see if my receiver likes the digital signal from it any better than it does the 3250. Beyond that I'm at a loss.

Any help...would put you in my prayers...and I'm not even religious...gotta be worth something!

Thanks guys,

Darren
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page