Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Redondo Beach, CA, USA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|Originally posted by VideoPete
1) When will the USB be enabled to accept an external disk? I think I filled my disk and I only scheduled to record 6 hours (HiDef). For less than $100 I can add 250Gig.
I think that the USB support to external HD not will come true. At least will be so much slower than a firewire port, I think that Moxi thinks use to external input devices such keyboards, smart cards. etc.
2) Is there a way to delete channels? I spent 40 minutes "unchecking" all the channels I don't want (hundreds of them; what an incredibly slow process), but they still show up. For example, I have no "PPV" channels selected, but as I scroll through the menu there is an unreasonable delay at the PPV menu while the Moxi brings up tons of shows (on channels I no longer have checked).
No yet, it will be a update to implement.
3) Is there any way to configure the menu? It is very slow to scroll around menus I will never use (like "Sports", "Kids", "PPV"....) I'd like to dump them.
4) is there any way to download a show off the Moxi? Since the disk is so tiny I'd like to backup shows onto a DVDRW for future viewing.
The ethernet port is disable so the only option will be attach a DVD recorder.
5) I went to record "SNL" this Saturday night, and it was incredibly tedious to scroll through every NBC show for the entire week. Is there a fast way to "go to a specific day" to record?
Yes, you can use the Find by title option in the main menu, type the first letters and will show the program that you want select.
6) What is the ethernet port for? (see question #4)
Well, inside the Moxi there is a cable modem, so you could use to access to your network or sharing the internet throug it.
7) When I hold in menu/ok on the box, and scroll around the diagnostics menu, one of them shows disk space (used and available). Anyone know the units, and what each section (partition?) means?
I don' t have the operator handbook with me rigth now but I will answer later this question.