Moxi Questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-28-2004, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1) When will the USB be enabled to accept an external disk? I think I filled my disk and I only scheduled to record 6 hours (HiDef). For less than $100 I can add 250Gig.

2) Is there a way to delete channels? I spent 40 minutes "unchecking" all the channels I don't want (hundreds of them; what an incredibly slow process), but they still show up. For example, I have no "PPV" channels selected, but as I scroll through the menu there is an unreasonable delay at the PPV menu while the Moxi brings up tons of shows (on channels I no longer have checked).

3) Is there any way to configure the menu? It is very slow to scroll around menus I will never use (like "Sports", "Kids", "PPV"....) I'd like to dump them.

4) is there any way to download a show off the Moxi? Since the disk is so tiny I'd like to backup shows onto a DVDRW for future viewing.

5) I went to record "SNL" this Saturday night, and it was incredibly tedious to scroll through every NBC show for the entire week. Is there a fast way to "go to a specific day" to record?

6) What is the ethernet port for? (see question #4)

7) When I hold in menu/ok on the box, and scroll around the diagnostics menu, one of them shows disk space (used and available). Anyone know the units, and what each section (partition?) means?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-29-2004, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by VideoPete
1) When will the USB be enabled to accept an external disk? I think I filled my disk and I only scheduled to record 6 hours (HiDef). For less than $100 I can add 250Gig.

I think that the USB support to external HD not will come true. At least will be so much slower than a firewire port, I think that Moxi thinks use to external input devices such keyboards, smart cards. etc.

2) Is there a way to delete channels? I spent 40 minutes "unchecking" all the channels I don't want (hundreds of them; what an incredibly slow process), but they still show up. For example, I have no "PPV" channels selected, but as I scroll through the menu there is an unreasonable delay at the PPV menu while the Moxi brings up tons of shows (on channels I no longer have checked).

No yet, it will be a update to implement.

3) Is there any way to configure the menu? It is very slow to scroll around menus I will never use (like "Sports", "Kids", "PPV"....) I'd like to dump them.

4) is there any way to download a show off the Moxi? Since the disk is so tiny I'd like to backup shows onto a DVDRW for future viewing.

The ethernet port is disable so the only option will be attach a DVD recorder.

5) I went to record "SNL" this Saturday night, and it was incredibly tedious to scroll through every NBC show for the entire week. Is there a fast way to "go to a specific day" to record?

Yes, you can use the Find by title option in the main menu, type the first letters and will show the program that you want select.

6) What is the ethernet port for? (see question #4)
Well, inside the Moxi there is a cable modem, so you could use to access to your network or sharing the internet throug it.

7) When I hold in menu/ok on the box, and scroll around the diagnostics menu, one of them shows disk space (used and available). Anyone know the units, and what each section (partition?) means?
I don' t have the operator handbook with me rigth now but I will answer later this question.

post #3 of 5 Old 10-02-2004, 12:12 PM

So I've had my Moxi unit for about three weeeks now and never having a DVR before I got to say I love it even with all of its current faults that MoxiGuy assures us are being worked on save for one -

Hard drive space MUST be expanded!!

Contrary to Trade's statement below 2 of the USB ports on the unit are High Speed USB 2.0 ports (480mbps and Firewire is 400mbps) which should have no problem supporting an external drive. I currently have the Nova Origins specials recorded and won't watch them until tomorrow at best and the unit is complaining that it needs more space - I have 4 hours of SD and 1 additional hour of HD also recorded so in total not that much. I can live with the other faults; slow menus, no grid, no resolution throughput, so-so SD picture quality, etc; but the HDD space issue should be at the top of Moxi's priority list. Considering cost per Gb of HDD space (Fry's this weekend - 160Gb Maxtor for $70) this should be a no brainer.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-04-2004, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

What do you mean they are not working on adding disk space? The Moxi website (I checked today) still says "80Gig drive with expansion through USB 2.0". I fully expect this feature soon.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-06-2004, 09:52 AM

VideoPete

I answered your question in your other thread Returning my Moxi

TRADE
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page