This may not be the best place for this question but for some reason I don't see a general satellite TV category.
Let me describe my needs then you, my fellow members, can tell me what I need.
I currently have a E* 500 system (Model 7200, I think). It is about a three years old. As an existing customer it is very expensive to upgrade to a digital tuner or a DVR system. They are getting better but still do not offer existing customers the same options as new customers. For this reason I am thinking of changing to D*.
HDTV OTA in my area is limited. The local stations are only broadcasting at low power and cannot all be picked up. Of the five available, only 2 are HD, the other are SD Digital.
I have one TV set for day to day use and an HD projector I use in the HT room for DVD's. THe TV is about 6 years old and is not digital.
What I want is:
1. For the main TV I want a DVR that has two tuners so I can watch one staiton while recording the another.
2. I want a satellite service with local channels (now available from bothe D* and E*)
3. I would like the DVR to include a tuner that allows recording of OTA broadcasts. NTSC or NTSC and ATC.
TH Receiver - I do not need a DVR for the HT. WHat I do need is:
1. HD satellite receiver that will also work as a standard receiver if I do not subscribe to HD programming.
2. OTA tuner with NTSC or NTSC and ATC that works even if I do not subscribe to the HD programming.
So what Satellite service would you recommend and which equipment.
"Is the glass half empty, half full, or the wrong size?"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.