SA8000 and save options - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-19-2004, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had this box for about 2 months now, and I can't figure out something. I'm using the SARA firmware.

When I set something to record in the future (every episode in a certain time period), I usually set it to save the last 4 recordings. After the episode is recorded, it correctly shows "Save: 4 Episodes". However, it appears that after another episode is recorded, the first episode now shows "Save: Until I Erase." This requires me to periodically go through the older episodes and manually erase them, even though I don't have it set that way.

Anyone have a similar problem, or can explain what's going on? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-21-2004, 02:06 PM

I haven't noticed that problem, yet. I'll have to pay attention and see.

One problem we are having is that if we "pad" a show with a few extra minutes at the end or the beginning (example -- 6:59 to 8:02 for "Lost"), it works fine the first week . But the next week, it goes back to the scheduled time of 7:00 to 8:00 pm. We missed the last minute or so of "Lost" last night due to this bug!!! AARGH!

What's worse, if you've already scheduled a show to record, you can't edit that time to "pad" it. Everything appears to work, but when you check the scheduled recordings listing, you'll see that your changes were not "saved". You have to delete that scheduled recording and "pad" it the first time you schedule it. And then again, it only works for the first week.

Anyone have an email address on who to report SA8000 "bugs" to?
post #3 of 3 Old 10-22-2004, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

I wish I did. I noticed that I got upgraded on the firmware sometime in the last few days. I now have the option to record just "first-run" episodes. Although, I don't think I'll use it since I don't trust the guide to know what may be first-run and what's a repeat.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page