Motorola DCT6208 to PowerBook? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-23-2004, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would like to burn a DVD of a DVR'd movie on the above reciever.

I can use the FireWire out for a connection to my PowerBook. The Motorola site has a link to some software utilities that can capture the video to Windows XP. Anyone know what I can use for a Mac? I do have Toast and iLife, but am not sure if they do that. I do not want a small-window vidcap such as QuickTime would do.

We're on Bresnan digital cable (Rocky Mountains area) if that matters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-17-2005, 06:24 AM

I have the same problem. I've found information in several places for recording saved DVR shows with Firewire onto a PC. What software/hardware do I need to record my shows to my powerbook osX (tiger) so I can then burn dvds. I have a cox cabel motorola 6400 series dual tuner dvr.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-18-2005, 09:54 AM

Video can easily be recorded into iMovie on a Mac using the analog audio/video outputs on most DVRs (using either a composite video or S-video output, along with right and left audio outputs). You do need additional hardware such as one of the ADVC converters from Canopus. This converts the analog video into digital video. iMovie sees the converter as a digital camcorder. You can edit the video (remove commercials, etc.) and burn to a DVD using iDVD.

With much trouble, recorded HD video can be transferred to the Mac via Firewire. One method is described in an article on the Macteens site (search the archives for "How To: Make your own Home Theatre Mac (HTMac)". The recorded video takes huge amounts of disc space.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page