Comcast DVR Question - Can it record from D*Tv? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-14-2004, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a setup where I currently have an older D*TV setup (Sony Box/Dish) and ALSO have HDTV from Comcast (I use the D*TV for the NFL Sunday ticket and that is all). What I would like to know is whether the new Comcast DVR can record from both cable and satellite (which the standalone Tivo will do - they even have instructions on how to do the hookup)? I would like to have this DVR (if possible) since it will only replace my current cablebox and not be an additional box (like Tivo) that I will have to incorporate. So - will it do this, or do I only have the Tivo option?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-22-2004, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No, it only records from cable. It has video inputs but as far as I can tell they are completely inactive.

If you want to record from DirecTV, just replace your Sony box with a DirecTivo for $99 + $5/month. Guess whether it's worth it depends on how much you watch NFL Sunday ticket.

I would not go with standalone Tivo with your setup. You wouldn't be able to record in high def, and can only record one thing at a time. Get both Comcast DVR & DirecTV DVR, or just Comcast DVR & give up on recording DirecTV.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page