Backup/Burn SA 8000? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-30-2004, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sigh....I think this forum may be my last hope. I've got an SA 8000 from TWC, and it's getting full. (40 hours seemed like so much on day one, didn't it?)

I don't want to lose my stuff, but I don't want to back it up to VHS nearly as much as the menu option wants me to. Backing up digital with analog just doesn't make any sense.

Is there a way to export from the 8000 to my PC, edit the commercials and crap out, and then burn to a DVD with my PC-based writer?

I'm at my wits end, so any suggestions would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2004, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nevermind, I figured out what I wanna do! (Thanks to my DVC)
Old 01-04-2005, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So what are you going to do? I was hoping to hear a response to your question.

Currently I do not have a DVR or DVD recorder, but was considering the 8000HD from the cable company, but was wondering what options there were as far as burning it to disk or other options.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Grrrr,
Everywhere I look I can't find any answers to this question :)
Lots of people wondering, or saying, Oh got it working, but not how they did it.

I have the SA8000HD unit, and would like to dump some shows to the PC so that I can do a hard reboot and not loose them, then either put them back on the box, or just watch them off the PC.

Also, this is only HD content I am talking about, so please don't provide answers like plug your S-Video cable into your Video Input card, I want to keep the resolution, which would mean either outputting from the Component to the PC, or using the Firewire output on the front of the box, OR somehow taking the HD out of the box, and copying the data that way.

If anyone knows how to do this please pm me or email to trymetoday@REMOVEhotmail.com in case I can't get back to this forum page.

Thanks,
G.