Cox Cable DVR quality - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-02-2005, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Perhaps this may be a good question for this forum: how is your Cox Cable DVR picture quality?

We just rec'd my Motorola DCT 6400 series (not sure whch exact model) this week. I like the features and all the bells and whistles but I am not impressed by the picture in the analog channels. We never had Tivo, just wanted to upgarde from the old VCR to something easier. That, it does quite well. No more video tapes stacked up!

The digital channels (100 and up) are OK if it is a popular channel. Some of the less popular channels (I love VH1Classic) are pretty choppy like it is a compressed signal. I wonder if they limit the bandwidth in these channels.

The digital channels are very limited so we watch a lot of the analog channels. The analog channels can also be choppy (like they are digitized).

For what it is worth, we are running out the 6400's composite RCA jack to a 27" Panasonic flat screen about 9 yrs old. I tried the S-Video and the picture was about 1% better. I expected a greater difference but that is a different story.

I am just not impressed with the quality while watching live TV. I can understand having a loss while watching something that you recorded but not live TV.

I have been surfing the threads here looking for some ideas. You guys seem to come up with some good solutions. Anyone have any ideas for this situation?

Thanks!

Stephen
Greater Hartford, CT area
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page