Comcast 6412 DVR Freezing... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 01-03-2005, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I experienced a strange problem starting a few days ago with my Comcast DVR freezing up. The TV picture would keep going, but all functionality was locked in place. (even the buttons on the machine... including the power button!)

Comcast swapped out my box today and the guy said it was a common problem... he'd swapped out about 10 of the boxes already.

I'm in the Boston area... just giving everyone a heads-up that if this starts happening... call Comcast.

Check out my website... http://www.smashsworld.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-03-2005, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Update: This brand-new box is still freezing up on me. I'll keep everyone posted.

post #3 of 9 Old 01-03-2005, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Update: Just called Comcast. The lady I spoke with was having the same problem with hers... they're waiting on a software update. (as I figured) Of course, the boxes will automatically update overnight while shut-off.

post #4 of 9 Old 01-07-2005, 11:32 AM

Does this happen within 15 - 30 seconds on start up.... the problem i used to have was my remote had a macro to turn on everything at once and it would freeze the comcast box... eventually the work around was to turn on everything separately and it worked fine... so after that worked for a while i put a 5 second delay into my macro and never had the problem again.... i hope this can help you with your situation...

Vin
:D

Vin
post #5 of 9 Old 01-21-2005, 02:21 PM

just got my new 6412 and the picture went out as well when i used the "turn on everything button" i had to unplug and everything worked fine. lost guide data though.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-24-2005, 06:15 PM

Motorola is in the process of fixing this. The software update to fix this is in the final stages of testing so it wont be to long.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-26-2005, 07:56 AM

I have Adelphia and am having a problem with the Motorola 6412, when I power off and back on the unit, there is not sound. I have to unplug from the power to get the sound back. Anyone seen this?

Any way to fix it? I have been reluctant to contact Adelphia because their customer service is not very good.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-27-2005, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Had Comcast out yesterday for my brand new STB DCT-6412, it would freeze up on any DVR recording on analog Channels. It is a problem with the firmware that comcast is awaiting a new version / patch from /\\/\\otorola. The last update sent out last Friday did not work. It is in final testing and will be pushed out no later then Feb 11, 2005 for the Hershey, Harrisburg, Lebanon Comcast subscribers.

---------------------------
Comcast of Lebanon PA.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-08-2005, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scanpa
Had Comcast out yesterday for my brand new STB DCT-6412, it would freeze up on any DVR recording on analog Channels. It is a problem with the firmware that comcast is awaiting a new version / patch from /\\/\\otorola. The last update sent out last Friday did not work. It is in final testing and will be pushed out no later then Feb 11, 2005 for the Hershey, Harrisburg, Lebanon Comcast subscribers.
Just to update everyone, Firmware 09.15 was downloaded to my 6412 from comcast at 3am this morning! After the TV I Guide info reloaded, I set multiple DVR recordings on various analog channels that I was never able to DVR without the STB freeze up...

after 8 hours of recording on both tuners, I can happlily report that all DVR recordings were 5 X 5 with no STB freezeup.

Well done Motorola & Comcast.

---------------------------
Comcast of Lebanon PA.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page