Can't Delete Program on Comcast Moto 6412 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-07-2005, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had my Comcast PVR in Sunnyvale, California for about a week. The installer was about five hours late, but other than that, I've been pleased until today.

A recorded program file seems to have gotten corrupted on my Comcast Moto 6412 PVR. It appears in DVR directory with complete information, but when I try to play it, the time bar the tile some small number of minutes as the length. It won't play, and when I try to delete it, I get a message that says "Unable to process request. Cannot delte while file is in use. Close file and try again. Code CIU." From there the only place to go is back to the window where I delete or don't delete. I hoped that turning the box "off" would close the file. Of course that's not really "off" so I unplugged the power. I plugged it back in and am waiting for it to restore the menu functionality so I can try deleting the program again. Has anyone seen this problem yet? If I still can't delete the bad program, what is my next move?

Steve

SI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-23-2005, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know this thread is old, but I had the same issue and found this topic via a google search.

A hard power cycle of the DVR unit should clear out the file access. Unplug it for about 2 mins (to be safe) and that should allow you to delete the file. Make sure you are not recording/pausing anything at all.

This worked for me.

Posting my fix for others with the same issue as COMCAST techs only offered the solution of "replacing my DVR" when a tech could visit onsite. Sorry boys, I don't have time to sit home for 4 hours hoping you will show up.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page