Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Monte Sereno, CA USA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|Originally posted by jayfriedmn
I've had the new Comcast DVR for a couple of weeks and have found that it to be totally frustrating and and has more bugs than Windows XP. I also have Tivo which is soooo much better, not only in quality but usability.
|Originally posted by nielloeb
1. About 30% of the series recordings don't record even when they have the highest priority.
2. Series recordings occasionally disappear. (and it wasn't someone else deleting them)
3. Sometimes you can't move up the priorty of a series recording. After trying using the page up/down buttons, it reset the series back to where it was originally in the list.
4. The unit will sometimes mute itself and the only way to reset it is to unplug the box.
5. It records shows we haven't asked it to record. It shows a blank title in the saved recordings list.
6. Some saved recording show a date of 12/31/1989.
1-3, 5-6 are known bugs. The technology and Motorola/Comcast's foray into it are new. Be patient.
4 is a feature, not a bug. The workaround is to never turn the box off. The unit mutes itself upon turning itself on for a recording because otherwise the TV/sound system will suddenly have the sound on, even if it's in the same room you are sleeping in at 3am when it turns on.
|Originally posted by scanpa
Comcast just sent out firmware update 09.15 that fixes a few of the problems with the 6412, but only in a few areas. I can report it fixes the power on / mute - this channel is not available, and also the freeze up of the unit and several of the dvr problems with analog ch.
|Originally posted by BAD LT
My box still shows firmware 09.12. How can I update my box? (I know I know... chuckle chuckle...)