Comcast Dual DVR Unavailable??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-17-2005, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I placed an order for one Comcast HDTV DVR and one SD DVR based upon e-mail conversations with a rep that the DVRs were dual tuner DVRs.

At the last second, I checked with one other Comcast rep just to be sure the DVRs were dual tuner. Turns out, they're not. I cancelled my order.

The second rep indicated that my area (Detroit suburb) has the "old A/B system" of cable.

Does anyone know what the heck the "old A/B system" is, and why it prevents dual tuner?

The rep offered to notify me when (if) they ever upgraded from A/B. Somehow I doubt I'll still be alive to get that e-mail -- and I'm only in my 30s!

Thanks in advance for shedding light on this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-27-2005, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

I cant answer your question, but I am curious as to the answer myself, one of my ex- girlfriends had a cable system in Pittsburgh PA that had 2 cables connected to a switch box, you had cable channels 1 - 75 on the a system and ch 76 - 110 on the B system. No set top box used, only the TV / VCR cable setting & Turner!

I think COMCAST took that (unknown cable provider) over and is now working to setup the Digital Fiber / optic cable for the entire system.

---------------------------
Comcast of Lebanon PA.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-27-2005, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

I think you're right about digital fiber optic. CableDataNews.com reported that Comcast is working toward getting 95% of its subscribers on fiber optic by the end of 2005. Hopefully I'm not in the 5%!
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page