Recording using Component and Dolby Digital inputs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-27-2005, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there any way to do this yet without spending 3 grand? I checked this out a while ago, when I tried recording using AV inputs and stereo, but it looks and sounds so terrible compared to digital and component that it's not even worth it.

Does anyone know of any product that lets you record in Dolby Digital and Component? It would have to have 1 Digital input, 1 component input, 1 digital output, and 1 component output.

I checked online at a few sites but saw nothing more than S-video inputs and stereo.[/color]
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-18-2005 01:04 PM

RAYJAY

you should also think about the possibility of a VGA output.
a XBOX-VGA box ( like the X2 ) can output a proper 640-480 progressive VGA sgnal.
maybe there is a TV card or somthing similar to regord a VGA signal.

otherwise there are only expensive solutions like the "Video Pump" that can digitize up to 1920-1080p HDTV in real time directly to the HD ( 150 Mb per second ). $5000+Highend Raid PC.

what would be a nice solution is the HDTV-Mpeg camera from JVC.
the GV-HD1 can record ( also with component inputs ) up to 720p at 60 frames per socond ( 1440-720@60progressive ).
throu its Mpeg format it is possible to simply transfer and edit the footage on a NON-highend-PC. the compression to mpeg is very good, not lossless but without compression artefacts.

so if you would like such a HDTV camera anyway, then you get you XBOX component recording as a bunus ;-)

i really thinking about getting one of thise baby´s ( street price under $2,800 ).

01-18-2005 04:18 PM

so_f1y

hmmm, well okay (way too much $$$) ..how about this..is there any way to hook my tv/audio up to component/5.1 and then hook up my video recorder on the pc with s-video and stereo?

It would have to be an xbox adapter with s-video out, component out, 5.1 out, stereo out. I'm pretty sure you can't do 5.1 + stereo out, but is it possible to do component out AND s-video out at the same time?

If I bought a VGA adapter, how could I record it? It would be connected to the moniter and not the tower.

Also, is there any way for me to host for free? I have a bunch of xbox videos, how can I set up a website (FTP) for free?[/color]

01-23-2005 06:53 PM

so_f1y

That's the recorder I had before and it worked great but didn't have 5.1 or component in.

UPDATE: I DID find a dvd recorder at best buy the other day with Component inputs & outputs, but only 1 digital output (no input). It was just over 200 dollars, but I'm REALLY hoping for that 5.1 input. I wonder is it even worth it to get this right now with HDDVD and Blu-ray just around the corner. I'm sure they'll have all the high tech inputs I'm looking for.

I appreciate any help or advice you can give.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page