Comcast DVR 6208 Single Tuner Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-31-2005, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I just got the 6208 and had a couple quick questions.

1) I thought you could set it to record all times a program is on (ex. "Seinfeld") - like Season Pass on TiVo and it would record the show regardless of what/how many channels or times it is on. I think the 6208 only will allow me to record a show if it's on at the same time each day, or same time each week on same channel. Can anyone clarify? This is a major disappointment.

2) Search feature - I can only search titles, not by actor, keyword. If this is the case, how do they intend to compete with TiVo? I want to be able to search by keyword (ex. "Titantic") and have it automatically record any/all shows that have it come up in either the title or show description.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally posted by zippychimp
Hi,

I just got the 6208 and had a couple quick questions.

1) I thought you could set it to record all times a program is on (ex. "Seinfeld") - like Season Pass on TiVo and it would record the show regardless of what/how many channels or times it is on. I think the 6208 only will allow me to record a show if it's on at the same time each day, or same time each week on same channel. Can anyone clarify? This is a major disappointment.

2) Search feature - I can only search titles, not by actor, keyword. If this is the case, how do they intend to compete with TiVo? I want to be able to search by keyword (ex. "Titantic") and have it automatically record any/all shows that have it come up in either the title or show description.

Thanks!
Comcast NJ - Union/Verona

1) Get the 6412. The 6208 cannot do that. The 6412 with the i-Guide or Microsoft Guide can and it has dual tuners.

2) The Search is lousy and the same on both the 6208 and the 6412.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page