Cost for 2nd Comcast 6412 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-03-2005, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had the Comcast 6412 for a couple of months and have been pretty happy with it. I was thinking of adding a second one in the guest room and figured it would be an extra 9.95 a month. Comcast says I will be charged 18.95 monthly to add the second 6412 - 9.95 for the box and the rest a
"digital service charge". Does this sound right? Is this what others are paying?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-07-2005, 07:28 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally posted by cld3
I've had the Comcast 6412 for a couple of months and have been pretty happy with it. I was thinking of adding a second one in the guest room and figured it would be an extra 9.95 a month. Comcast says I will be charged 18.95 monthly to add the second 6412 - 9.95 for the box and the rest a
"digital service charge". Does this sound right? Is this what others are paying?
That may be about right - where i'm at TWC would charge an additional $6.60 for the DVR rental itself, $9.95 for the "DVR Service" (the ability to record), and another $2.95 "additional room charge".

I have two DVRs connected to my one TV and made them take away the additional room charge they'd tacked onto my bill since both DVRs are in the same room.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #3 of 3 Old 02-15-2005, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Suggestion: I was in the same situation, and it would cost about an extra $16 here in Pittsburgh. Since I primarily wanted to watch recorded materials on an old 19" (complete with faux woodgrain panels) while I exercised in my "workout room", I picked up a wireless A/V sender/receiver at Radio Shack ($80). It transmits audio, video, and remote signal quite nicely without the additional box. So I'll break even on the deal in 5 months.

Works pretty well, sometimes get some interference or ghosting, but not often. Better than giving an extra $16 to Comcast for a box I'll use a few hours a week.

Of course this only works if the TV with the STB is not in use since it just transmits whatever is being watched to the receiver. I split the coax feed direct to the TV so the wife can at least watch the analogs if need be while I'm watching something from the DVR in the other room.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page