8300 in LA - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-01-2005, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just a FYI TWC now has the Explorer 8300 HD in LA. If you have Time Warner, give them a call and pick it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-01-2005, 03:08 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally posted by kidguy
Just a FYI TWC now has the Explorer 8300 HD in LA. If you have Time Warner, give them a call and pick it up.
When i called the other day to check the operator said they had the 8300HD, but i was skeptical so i went to the Hawthorne office on Rosecrans they said they don't have any, and even if they did they require a technician bring it and install it like they do with the SA8000HD (which i already have). She said the person on the phone was mistaken. The exact same thing happened when i called to inquire about the SA8000HD four months ago - they said "Yes we have them and yes you can go into the Hawthorne store and pick one up over the counter" but she was wrong. They didnt' have any yet and when they did get em in they would not give me one over the counter. I had to set up an appointment for a tech to come to my house.

It's better to actually go into the office that serves your area and ask them in person.

This should be posted in the HDTV Recorder forum too . . . .

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR605, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #3 of 3 Old 03-03-2005, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That is my home store as well. Same thing happened to me. The TW operator online said I could pick one up from the store, and the store said they had to send a tech out. I really don't see the need to send the tech out considering he was completely clueless. On another note I saw his manual for responses to customer questions and it said to tell customers that the HDMI out would not be available until July. However, when I hooked it up it was working.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page