SA8000 DVR questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-02-2005, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have recently switched from using D*tv to using cable. On sat I had the HD TiVo box and a normal Directivo. My wife loved the TiVo and was not at all pleased when I told her we were switching. I switched to 2 HD DVR SA8000's. I have only used these things for about a week. I think my wife is having the divorce papers drawn up as I type this......

The only reason I switched was local HD channel access on cable, which dtv isn't gonna offer to me until late this year but most likely next year.

There are several things about this DVR we hate after using TiVo, and I'm hoping it's just because we don't know what we are doing.

First, whenever we are starting a show late, once the recording finishes it stops what we are watching as we have to start from the beginning or end. Ok, fine, but it has no intervals where you can fast forward to or rewind to quickly. Any workarounds?

Next, once on the recording list is there any way to get off and not change the channel? I wanted to catch the previous 30 mins of the channel I was on before I started watching the recording.

The first thing is the worst. We like to start shows late to skip commercials. So far I've told my exwi....wife to add an extra 30 mins to an hour to each of her recordings so it won't stop her in the middle of it.

Any suggestions or am I going back to DirecTiVo?

Thanks a lot,

Chad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-02-2005, 07:55 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Which software is your SA8000HDs running, SARA or Passport? The two have distinctly different functionality so this is important to know.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR605, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #3 of 3 Old 03-03-2005, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How can I tell which software I have? Does one address the problems and the other doesn't? Can I switch if I don't like the one I have? I am in the triad of NC with Time Warner Cable.

Thanks,

Chad
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page