Sa 8300 Hd - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-10-2005, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking to add an additional hard drive to this device, as it only holds a modest 30 hours or so of HD content. Has anyone succesfully used the SATA connection on the back, and is there a site listing compatible drives? Also, will I need a standard SATA external kit to house the drive? Thanks. You can also email responses to BSHERIDAN@sighealth.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-10-2005, 08:35 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally posted by BillJr106
I am looking to add an additional hard drive to this device, as it only holds a modest 30 hours or so of HD content. Has anyone succesfully used the SATA connection on the back, and is there a site listing compatible drives? Also, will I need a standard SATA external kit to house the drive? [/email]
If your 8300HD is running Passport software then you cannot get an external drive to work. In the future the cable companies will rent you a compatible SATA device to expand your storage.

But if you're running SARA software there's a guy who posted to the HDTV Recorders & Players forum about a week ago that he was able to connect an external drive and that it worked, and he gave details.

This is actually the wrong forum for HD DVR topics, it's pretty much all SD here.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #3 of 6 Old 03-11-2005, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RandyWalters
But if you're running SARA software there's a guy who posted to the HDTV Recorders & Players forum about a week ago that he was able to connect an external drive and that it worked, and he gave details.
Here's the thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=516559

Pretty cool ...
post #4 of 6 Old 05-16-2005, 02:58 PM

How can I tell what software my 8300HD is running?

Thx
post #5 of 6 Old 05-16-2005, 10:47 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally posted by avmad
How can I tell what software my 8300HD is running?
The easiest quickest way is to go into the Output Formats menu and see how they list the choices. If it lists 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i then it has Passport. SARA lists the choices differently and i can't remember what they say.

Another way is to turn it off, then unplug it for a few minutes and plug it in and watch the TV screen as it boots up. If it says Pioneer Passport on the splash screen then there ya go. I don't know what SARA does as it boots up.

There are specific threads in the HDTV Recorders forum with various combinations of cable company and software type so they may help you narrow it down.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

Gallery -
post #6 of 6 Old 05-17-2005, 10:15 AM

Hmm - So I have the Passport software. Damn! :(
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page