Sr-vs30u - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-15-2005, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchased a JVC SR-VS30U DV/S-VHS Player/recorder. I purchased the deck to download from my miniDV tapes directly from the deck to my PC rather than using my miniDV camera to do the same. I use Pinnacle for my capture and when I go to capture, XP does not recognize the deck and treats it like a videocamera. The only problem is that I can use the deck for miniDV AND VHS tapes. Unfortunately, every time I go to capture video from the VHS mode, the deck reverts back to miniDV. I've tried several things on the deck itself, but ultimately I need drivers for the deck so the program recognizes it for itself and allows the functionality that I can capture directly from the VHS mode.

I'd appreciate any help in finding the drivers for this deck. I called JVC and they referred me to this forum. I sure hope someone can help. Thanks.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-02-2006, 12:40 PM

Not sure if this is your problem or not. If you are trying to use device control on the VHS side of the deck, it will automatically switch to DV mode because the VHS side has no device control. The only way to capture from the VHS side is to:

1. Load your tape and place the deck in VHS mode.

2. Manually start the tape using the play button on the front of the deck or the remote control.

3. Record the DV stream "on the fly" with whatever software you are using to capture.

I've used this method in Adobe Premiere and it works. However, the audio and video record at different rates, so they lose sync over time. There may be a way to correct this, but I haven't looked into it. Also, since I can't accurately record in or out points, there is no way to archive the project without saving the video file as well.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-31-2006, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hi,

You wouldn't happen to know if the tuners in the JVC30000 will recognise and record OTA HD.

Thanks,
Peter M.

dyslexia "for a cure found"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page