Comcast 6412 issues and questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-17-2005, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got the 6412 and started using it for a few days. I had a few issues that I didn't see any good responses to on the forum.

1.) Shows on the same channel multiple times per day - If you set a series recording, it will record every showing on the channel. For example, Daily Show is on Comedy Central 2 times a day. I just want the one at 11pm. There doesn't seem to be a "record every day at 11pm on channel 61".

2.) Which tuner am I on? - I had American Idol set to record last night. We were watching something and at 7:59pm I expected to get a notification that it would begin recording and that it would change the channel for me. Instead, it seems that the other tuner started recording. Is there a way to get notified if something is going to record on the other tuner so I can switch to it and watch it or do I just have to look for the recording light to come on?

3.) No clock while recording - So I started watching Idol but I was still recording it for my wife. While it was recording, "rEC" is displayed rather than the clock. Any way to always show the clock?

4.) Is there a way to get notifications that a program is also available on HD? Like if I start watching something on Fox standard def, do I just need to remember to check the high def channel? Why not just replace the standard def channels with HD, I'd always want to watch in HD if available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-20-2005, 05:26 AM

We have same problems, esp. the multiple recordings of a single show shown more than once per day (e.g., The Daily Show, Oprah).

Has ANYBODY any idea how to deal with this? :confused:
post #3 of 3 Old 08-20-2005, 08:01 AM

I have the same problem, as do many others. Faulty series recording is a common complaint. The problem is with the service that provides the program information, not the 6412--shows are not flagged as repeats. Hopefully this will improve in the future. I believe the only way around this at present is to set manual recordings.

The Swap button on the remote switches tuners. But the DVR won't change tuners automatically if a recording starts on the second tuner. That's reasonable, considering that you can always watch the recorded program later. (On the same subject, I've had occasional problems with trying to set two recordings at the same time. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it won't let me set the second program to record without deleting the other scheduled recording.)
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page