Can I burn from my PVR to my computer? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-05-2005, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would like to burn a video clip which has been saved on my PVR (UltimateTV - I know, old school!). My initial thought is whether there is a way to burn the video clip through my computer. It is not a lengthy clip (maybe 2 minutes), and I do not have a DVD burner in my computer--only a CD-ROM burner.

Thus, my question is whether there is a way to take the video segment off of the UltimateTV and run it through my computer to burn it onto a CD-ROM?

If so, first, what hardware would your suggest. For example, my PVR only has VGA and S-Video outputs, while my computer has no such inputs. Is there a VGA to USB converter cable?

Second, what software might I use? Something as easy as Roxio or Nero 6, or do I need something totally different?

If the above-described is NOT possible, is the only way I am going to be able to burn a show saved on my UltimateTV is to purchase a DVD burner? And if so, will it connect directly into my PVR?

Thanks for any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The easiest way by far would be to buy a stand alone DVD recorder, hook it up to your ultimate TV with the RCA and S-video cables, and make the DVD.
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page