Just ordered Comcast DVR - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-15-2005, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had analog cable for as long as I can remember, but decided to make the plunge and order digital cable and get a DVR set top box as well. They had a promotion and I decided to order it. Anyways, my question is, how does everyone like their Comcast DVR? I think Motorola makes the STB.. how is the quality, performance? worthwhile? let me know! thanks :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-16-2005, 08:26 AM

My experience for the first 6 weeks of using the MOT 6412 is very good. Quality and performance has been above my expectations. HD programming is played back as HD, and can be used as source for DVD or VHS offloading/archiving. The programming guide is very convenient. The Tivo-like functionality for live TV has changed our viewing habits. Actually, the DVR's playback quality and functions have changed, for the much better, our TV enjoyment. Combine the DVR with an HDTV and, in a word, WOW.

Here are the minor flaws: Sometimes the iguide will hang and not respond to remote commands. The MOT 6412 is not great with SD channels, so I get a better picture thru my tv's internal tuner by bypassing the box. Recording a series will result in recording the program multiple times if it's broadcast multiple times during a given day so that you then have to delete the intraday repeats. And although the hard drive is 160GB, I would like it to be bigger.

Sony KDF-60XS955
Comcast 6412 DVR
post #3 of 4 Old 04-21-2005, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

Well I got my Motorola 6412 today. (or at least I think it's the 6412.. i need to double check model..) anyways, I'm really enjoying it so far, but havent had too much time to check it out. It has a 120 gb hdd, and the menu options are very quick to navigate. The remote control options are a bit overwhelming but using the DVR option is pretty dummy proof. I recorded a conan obrien episode and hope to check it out later..
post #4 of 4 Old 04-23-2005, 10:31 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
Originally posted by vk99x
Well I got my Motorola 6412 today. (or at least I think it's the 6412.. i need to double check model..) anyways, I'm really enjoying it so far, but havent had too much time to check it out. It has a 120 gb hdd, and the menu options are very quick to navigate. The remote control options are a bit overwhelming but using the DVR option is pretty dummy proof. I recorded a conan obrien episode and hope to check it out later..
If it is a 6412 then there's a big thread about it in the HDTV Recorders Forum

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page