Time Warner Cable DVR vs. DirecTivo - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-19-2005, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had it with MCI and and going to TWC for the phone. This has caused me to consider moving to the whole package deal that includes their DVR. I havent kept up on this lately. How are the latest TWC DRVs both HD and SD in comparison to the DirecTivo's? They have dual tuners now i see. Do they also have season passes equivalent to Tivo? Thanks in advance for your opinions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-22-2005, 02:15 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmyth
I have had it with MCI and and going to TWC for the phone. This has caused me to consider moving to the whole package deal that includes their DVR. I havent kept up on this lately. How are the latest TWC DRVs both HD and SD in comparison to the DirecTivo's? They have dual tuners now i see. Do they also have season passes equivalent to Tivo? Thanks in advance for your opinions!
There are 3 different types of DVR that TWC uses in any particular area as well as a few different types of software so you should try to find out exactly which brand, model, and software your local cable company uses before you can start comparing it to Tivo. All of em operate a little differently and have different features and abilities than one another. You'll have to find out what they're using then come back and tell us . . . .

But most Tivo users who like their Season Pass are not happy with the various cable DVR interfaces which use something similar called "Record Entire Series". The newest Passport software typically used on the new SA8300 DVRs has a new keyword search feature but older models or anything with SARA software does not have this keyword search, and i don't think the Motorola DVRs running Passport have this either. I know the SA8000HD does not yet have it. The SA8300HD when combined with Passport software is the best of the bunch - it has the best PQ, and HDMI, Component, S-Video/Composite, and RF outputs all simultaneously active, and it's the most stable. Not so with any of the other brands and models.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Closed Thread Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page