AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How do I check the firmware/software version of my SA8000HD?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mrpman 
#1 ·
I keep getting the message DVI Alert: Your HDTV does not support HDCP

My TV clearly DOES support HDCP. I just want to see if it's a firmware issue or something else.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeSTeR7
I keep getting the message DVI Alert: Your HDTV does not support HDCP

My TV clearly DOES support HDCP. I just want to see if it's a firmware issue or something else.

Hi,

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the exact same issue and my TV also does support HDCP. I also have the same SA8000HD box.

Thanks.

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven in NC
Hi,

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the exact same issue and my TV also does support HDCP. I also have the same SA8000HD box.
As far as i know, the DVI output is not activated on any of the SA8000HDs anywhere in the USA anyway so it won't work even if the TV is HDCP compliant. The DVR will only work when connected with Component. The newer SA8300HD does have an active DVI port so see if your cable company is offering it now (many are, including my provider).

#5 ·
I have the same problem that happens a few times a week with the SA 8000HD DVR.

I usually keep my cable box in 480p mode.

Sometimes just flipping the channels makes it go away.

The full proof way is to change the cable box resolution to 720p or 1080i and it goes away.

Sometimes I do the change with the box tuned to a HD channel.

This should work.

As far as a fix, forget it, I have Comcast and they don't know anything, even their tech support, If it is not in their data base, they don't know what to do, they always want to send someone out to replace the box. Most of them have no idea of what Firmware is.

To find out what firmware you have do the following

On the box (NOT the remote), hold the center OK/Select button down until the message LED starts flashing. Then press the Info button. that puts the diagnostic pages on the screen of your TV. On the remote, press Page Up/Down to flip thru the screens. Press Exit to get back to watching TV. The software versions are on one of the pages. Please check and report back your SARA vers, and whether you have firewre working.

--hourglass

Hope that works for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.